Sunday, August 31, 2008

Another drug test

What happened on Friday ? Faith came over and we were to go get my TB test checked, get a Hepatitis B shot, go get a drug test for Wal-mart and come home and pack for Ethiopia. All of this from noon till six when she had to leave.Then somewhere fit my mom in for shopping.
Everything was going as scheduled. Test read, shot given.
Things were going fine until I had to give some urine for a drug test. I went in to deposit a sample for them but ended up with half as much as was needed. I don't know, call it a "shy bladder" or the fact that a huge man was waiting on the other side of the door for me to do my thing. I froze. Not enough came out for a sample. I was in there a long time too, thinking, "I always can go....I always am drinking something ...whats the matter...whats that guy thinking...how many people are waiting for their turn to use the bathroom....?" Finally I gave up and gave him what I had. He said that was not enough and I couldn't go back in , that I had to sign a paper and go drink three glasses of water, no more than three because it would be too diluted. In all that info and signing papers and being told "Do not leave the building" , a stern voice spoke and said"Wash your hands". That done it. I was embarrassed and red faced.

When I told Faith what had happened she shook her head and said something , trying to laugh, scold me and console me all at the same time......don't really know what she said as I was trying to guzzle down the first glass of water.

We sat and sat and sat. No urge . After about an hour or so I decided I would "go for it" and whether or not it was a success I would deal with it at that time. Ahhhhhh....the water was working and when I came out of the restroom the gentleman saw my face and smiled and said" it happens all the time here". I know that because there was a man who had the same problem as I did. He mumbled something to me like...under too much pressure. Thats why he couldnt, you know.

On the way home the other two glasses of water kicked in and man o man I had to go.

My mom decided in the mean time she didn't feel like shopping and so Faith and I were going to rush home and get me packed. Nope, her girlfriend called, she had to leave and so I carried all the suitcase and stuff up to Abigail's room for another day.
But this reminds me of a saying my husband says to end this blog..."when ya gotta go, ya gotta go"

No comments: