Monday, August 25, 2008

Ouchie

Aaaaarrrgggggg. I have been inoculated. Ethiopia here I come. While getting the prescription filled for travelers diarrhea, the pharmacist and I got to talking and he and his wife adopted from Addis Abba too. Through some agency in Minneapolis. He showed me a picture of his two girls and by the way they were sisters. How great is that? Anyway, I may go back and talk to him before I leave for Ethiopia.
Probably my sister Sylvia and I can only appreciate this, but our dad cracks me up. For a long time now I have been repeating some of his favorite sayings such as "Ya pay your money and you take your chances". Well the other day my sister called and was telling me about my dad wanting to fly this widow lady from North Dakota to St James City in Florida. He was concerned that it may be too soon after her husband passed to invite her for a visit. He said "maybe I shouldn't stir up the s*** and make it stink more".....I cracked up. How funny is that ? Maybe it is just me but really...think about it.....
So who ever is out there and knows my dad...you'll understand.

No comments: