Monday, August 11, 2008

Coldwater, Michigan

Back in Streamwood, finally. Dan and I went to Michigan to see my dad and two other sisters and their families. The Hershey suitcase was still hot from the trip when I jerked out the "Lily laid all over me all the time clothes" and threw in some clean panties and tops and shorts. Off we went to Michigan.
Upon arriving at 5am Michigan time, we hit the bed. Later that morning we awoke and feasted our eyes on my 95 year old dad. He is still full of "it" and if you don't understand what that means he can tell you without mincing words.
My dad still likes to fish and keep up with what is going on in the world. He has so many solutions to the many problems and witty inventions he has created in his head. He is amazing.
The next day Dan and I went into town and got some grub (as they say in the old west) and had to stop and get him an ice cream cone. That is why we are so willing to travel into town. But on Saturday evening we went to the Branch Co Fair. We saw all the buildings that contained the blue ribbon winners and the vendors that were giving out free samples of there wares. We sat on a bench outside the out buildings and watched the people ride the rides and kids run to their parents to ask to go again on the same ride.
The elephant ears were calling my name and so we lazily walked over and spent our $4 and called it good.
Sunday morning I made dad some fried liver, and packed up. Dan and I went to my nieces house and picked up my mom, that had driven up with my sister on Saturday afternoon. So our journey began back to Streamwood. And now we are home. Thank God.

No comments: